Apple Ice Cream Pie
- 3 Del Monte® apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large graham cracker crust
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 12 oz caramel topping
- 1 quart low fat vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Prepare the graham cracker crust according to the directions. Let cool. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet, add apples and sauté over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and cook for another minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- After the apples have cooled, scoop them into the graham cracker crust.
- Top the apples with the caramel topping (about 6 oz).
- Place in the freezer for 30 mins and in the mean time place the ice cream or frozen yogurt in the refrigerator to soften.
- Spread the ice cream evenly over the caramel.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and additional caramel if desired.
- Place the pie in the freezer for 1 hour and then serve and enjoy!
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc https://www.fruits.com/